Step 1 Duties
Step 1: Duties
Step 2: Qualifications
Step 3: Apply for a position
Following is a list of the duties one must perform while serving as a Precinct Election Officer.
- Attend a required training session before the election.
- Your election day will begin at 5:15am, when you report to your polling place.
- Arrange your polling place with all the necessary election materials and voting equipment in a way to ensure privacy for each voter and security in the voting process.
- The precinct must open by 6:00am.
- Process voters and provide any assistance.
- Treat every voter with respect and courtesy.
- Close the polling place after the last voter in line at 6:00pm has voted.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, and return all election materials to a designated receiving station.