Any voter who will be absent from the county on election day, but does not qualify to receive a mail- in absentee ballot can vote prior to election day at:
Jefferson County Clerk’s Office Election Center
701 W. Ormsby Ave. Suite 301.
Louisville, KY 40203.
Qualifications for voting In-Person Absentee are:
- Person who due to age, disability, or illness will be unable to go to the polls on election day.
- Voter who will be outside the county on election day.
- Student who temporarily resides outside the county in which he is registered who will be out of the county on election day.
- Voter who is a member of the Armed Forces who will be confined to base within the county on election day and who learns of that confinement within 7 days or less of the election.
- Voter who is a citizen residing overseas and will be out of the county on election day.
- Voter or spouse of voter who has surgery scheduled that will require hospitalization on election day.
- Precinct Election Officer serving in a precinct other than that in which he is registered or an Alternate Precinct Election Officer.
- Member or any staff for the County Board of Elections; Any deputy county clerk; Any staff for the State Board of Elections.
- FOR PRESIDENTIAL BALLOT ONLY: Moved to another state after its registration books closed.
- A woman in her last trimester of pregnancy.
You will need to provide one of the following forms of identification to vote In-Person Absentee:
- Personal Acquaintance
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Any identification card that has been issued by the county and which has been approved in writing by the State Board of Elections
- Any identification card with picture and signature
- Any United States government-issued identification card
- Any Kentucky state government-issued identification card with picture
- Credit Card
Primary Election, May 21, 2019
In-Person Absentee Voting Dates:
April 15, 2019 – May 20, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
May 11, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
May 18, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.