Any voter who will be absent from the county on election day, but does not qualify to receive a mail- in absentee ballot can vote prior to election day at:
Jefferson County Clerk’s Office Election Center
701 W. Ormsby Ave. Suite 301.
Louisville, KY 40203.
A qualified voter may cast an in-person absentee ballot at the county clerk’s office, if the voter:
- Is a resident of Kentucky who is a covered voter as defined in KRS 117A.010, who will be absent from the county of his or her residence on any election day;
- Is a student who temporarily resides outside the county of his or her residence;
- Has surgery, or whose spouse has surgery, scheduled that will require hospitalization on election day;
- Temporarily resides outside the state, but is still eligible to vote in this state and will be absent from the county of his or her residence on any election day;
- Is a resident of Kentucky who is a uniformed-service voter as defined in KRS 117A.010 confined to a military base on election day, learns of that confinement within seven (7) days or less of an election, and is not eligible for a mail-in absentee ballot under this subsection;
- Is in her last trimester of pregnancy at the time she wishes to vote.;
- Has not been declared mentally disabled by a court of competent jurisdiction and, on account of age, disability, or illness, is not able to appear at the polls on election day.
- Is not permitted to vote by a mail-in absentee ballot, but who will be absent from the county of his or her residence on election day;
- Changes their place of residence to a different state while the registration books are closed in the new state of residence before a presidential election, then the voter will be permitted to cast an in-person absentee ballot for President and Vice president only; or
- Is a member of the county board of elections, a precinct election officer appointed to serve in a precinct other than that in which he or she is registered, an alternate precinct election officer, a deputy county clerk, staff for the State Board of Elections, and staff for the county board of Elections.
You will need to provide one of the following forms of identification to vote In-Person Absentee:
- Personal Acquaintance
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Any identification card with picture and signature
- Any United States government-issued identification card
- Any Kentucky state government-issued identification card with picture
- Credit Card
General Election, November 5, 2019
In-Person Absentee Voting Dates:
September 30, through November 4, 2019
8:30 a.m. — 4:30 p.m.
October 26 and November 2
9:00 a.m. — 3:00 p.m.