Kentucky law allows people to vote at the Election Center prior to election day for the following reasons:
- Person who due to age, disability, or illness will be unable to go to the polls on election day.
- Voter who will be outside the county on Election Day.
- Student who temporarily resides outside the county in which he/she is registered, and will be out of the county on Election Day.
- Voter who is a member of the Armed Forces, or a dependent of a member of the Armed Forces, who will be out of the county on Election Day.
- Voter who is a member of the Armed Forces who will be confined to base within the county on Election Day, and who learns of that confinement within 7 days or less of the election.
- Voter who is a citizen residing overseas and will be out of the county on Election Day.
- Voter, or spouse of a voter, who has surgery scheduled that will require hospitalization on Election Day.
- Precinct Election Officer serving in a precinct other than that in which he/she is registered, or an Alternate Precinct Election Officer.
- Member or any staff for the County Board of Elections; any deputy county clerk; any staff for the State Board of Elections.
- Presidential Election Only: Voter who moved to another state after its voter registration books closed.
- A woman in her last trimester of pregnancy.
- KRS 117.088 – Pilot program for unassisted voting by blind and visually impaired persons.
No appointment is needed for in-house voting.
You will need to provide one of the following forms of identification in order to vote:
- Driver's License
- Credit Card
- Social Security Card
- Personal Acquaintance
- Other identification which includes your picture and signature
- Any U.S. government-issued identification card
- Any Kentucky State government-issued identification card which includes your picture
- Any identification card issued by a Kentucky county, and which has been approved by the Kentucky State Board of Elections
(NOTE: the Kentucky State Board of Elections has not yet approved any county-issued ID cards)
Next Scheduled Election: General Election, November 6th, 2018