Military and Overseas Voters

Military personnel, their dependents, and citizens who live overseas (temporarily or indefinitely) are permitted to cast an absentee ballot in of the following ways.

  1. The qualified voter may vote on the voting machine in the County Clerk’s office during the walk-in absentee voting period if the voter will be absent from the county on Election Day, a uniformed-service voter confined to a military base on election day, learns of that confinement within seven (7) days or less of an election, and is not eligible for a mail-in absentee ballot.
  2. The qualified voter may apply for an absentee ballot that may be mailed, faxed, or emailed at the request of the voter.

Qualified voters may apply using the State Board of Elections Military and Overseas Voters Portal or submitting a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) All applications must reach our office seven (7) days prior to the election. The ballot must be returned by mail and reach our office no later than 6:00 p.m. on Election Day.