Primary Election 2023
In-person Excused Absentee Voting
Dates: May 3, 4, 5, 8, 9 & 10
Time: To be determined.
Jefferson County Clerk Election Center
1000 E. Liberty Street
Louisville, Ky 40204
Who qualifies for an in-person excused absentee ballot:
- Military or Overseas voters covered in 117A.010 & a resident of KY who is a uniformed service voter confined to a military base on Election Day or all days of in-person no excuse absentee/early voting.
- Student who temporarily resides outside the county of his/her residence.
- Voter who temporarily resides outside the state but is still eligible to vote in this state and will be absent from the county of his or her residence on election day and during the days of no-excuse in-person absentee voting.
- Voter or voter’s spouse who has surgery scheduled that will require hospitalization the day of an election and during the days no excuse in-person voting.
- Voter who is in her last trimester of pregnancy and completes the form prescribed by SBE.
- Voter who cannot appear during Election Day or no excuse in-person absentee voting due to age, disability, or illness and has not been declared mentality disabled by a court.
- Any person who is employed in a profession that is scheduled to work during all days and all hours which shall include commute time, the polls are open on Election Day and no excuse in-person absentee/early voting.
- Election Officers tasked with the Election Administration for the current election cycle.
In-person No-excuse Absentee (Early) Voting:
Dates: May 11,12,13
Time: To be determined
Locations: To be determined
Election Day Voting
Date: May 16
Time: 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
To view your polling location, visit JeffersonCountyClerk.org/WhereDoIVote. If your polling location changes, you will be notified by our office.