Who Can Serve?
Registered Republicans and Democrats in Jefferson County. Voters registered as another party or independent can apply and may be used in certain situations. A recent change in your affiliation may affect eligibility.
Election officers work on Election Day. Each election officer is compensated $40.00 for attending a 2.5-hour training session before Election Day and $260.00 for working Election Day.
When are the Elections?
General Election – November 8, 2022
How to Apply?
- Must be team oriented with exceptional customer service skills
- Must follow procedures and laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Must be able to attend a 2.5-hour training session before EACH election
- Must provide own transportation to and from training session and polling location
- Must report to the polling location on Election Day by 5:15 a.m.
Duties will include:
- Arranging polling location with all the necessary election materials and voting equipment
- Ensuring privacy for each voter and security in the voting process
- Opening polling location for voters by 6:00 a.m.
- Assisting voters as needed
- Treating every voter with respect and courtesy
- Closing the polling place after the last voter in line at 6 p.m. has voted
- Completing all necessary paperwork and returning all election materials